Wednesday, February 17, 2010

When Bored...Go Surfing

Happy Mardi Gras everyone. Since I couldn't go this year, I still haven't recovered from the one I went to 10 years ago, I decided to go surfing instead. This is what I found while wasting my life on the net. How To Make Those Symbols Your Friends Make But Won't Tell YOU How To Make. I know you know the symbols I'm talking about. The little hearts, music notes, and other cute but annoying monikers. You ask and ask but get random, "well...you know..." No, I don't know or I wouldn't be asking you. Well, I found out how. So take that losers...I will soon be decorating my notes and emails with the same childish symbols that you do. :P First, make sure your keyboard is in NumLock mode. Then hold down the ALT key and enter the number on the numeric keypad. (Note that many laptops have a blue FN key that changes a set of keys, also with blue numbers on them and usually in the 7-8-9-U-I-O area, into a numeric keypad.) for ☺ 1 for ☻ 2 for ♥ 3 <=== for ♦ 4 for ♣ 5 for ♠ 6 for • 7 for ◘ 8 for ○ 9 for ◙ 10 for ♂ 11 for ♀ 12 for ♪ 13 for ♫ 14 for ☼ 15 for ► 16 for ◄ 17 for ↕ 18 for ‼ 19 for ¶ 20 for § 21 for ▬ 22 for ↨ 23 for ↑ 24 for ↓ 25 for → 26 for ← 27 for ∟ 28 for ↔ 29 for ▲ 30 for ▼ 31 Did you ever wonder WHY medieval staircases run clockwise? Well, this is because all knights used to be right-handed. When the intruders would climb the stairs they would not be able to use their right hand which was holding the sword because of the difficulties of climbing the stairs. Left-handed knights would have had no troubles, except left-handed people could never become knights. Why you ask? Because it was assumed they were descendants of the Devil. Want to know some common but stupid ways to die? 1.Death from the improper use of tampons. Not Toxic Syndrome. One man stuffed them up his nose to stop snoring. He suffocated. 2.Death by auto-erotic asphyxiation. Really. Strangling, electrocution, impaling or crushing yourself in an effort to get your rocks off has 'not a good idea' written all over it. 3. Choking on a ball point pen. My mom always said never stick anything in your mouth smaller then your elbow. Oh wait...that was your ear. Anyway, there is no reason to stick a nasty pen in your mouth. Ick. That ranks with licking a dollar bill. 4. Bungee Jumping. Why? Because people often miss judge the distance and measure out the rope to long. Frankly, if I'm going to be stupid enough to jump off a perfectly good solid bridge then I'm going to make damn sure the rope is the right length. High Heel Shoes: Not Just For Women. Controversy exists as to who invented the high heel shoe. But up until well into the 18th century women and men wore them. Often men wore them as status symbols. In the court of Louis The 16th the higher the heel, the higher the persons status. Why Boogers Are Green. The phlegm becomes green in the presence of infection due to the large numbers of white blood cells present, which make their way through the airway walls to combat the infection. White blood cells also give pus a whitish-green color, so you'd think mucus would be white but it's snot. Hahahahaha-I creak me up. Did you know that it takes more then 2,000 oranges to power an iPhone? My only question is why oranges? Would grapefruit work? And can you eat the fruit when your done charging? The World Is Ending In 2012. At least, according to the Mayans. Of course Nostradamus said it was going to end in 2000. The guy who stands on the corner downtown told me the plants told him it was ending tomorrow. Of course, it could have been the Colt 45 he was drinking. Not sure. The Walmart Annoying Bouncing Smiley Face . Was illegally used by Walmart starting in 2006. LEGOS. Legos were invented in 1934. There was more but by then I was glazing over and had one heck of a computer hang over. Enjoy!

No comments: