Thursday, June 10, 2010

Products I Lurve

This weeks product I lurve comes in the form of primers.












That's right......Kilz for your face.
Pam is joining me today to talk about our fav make up primers.
I am in love with Smashbox. 
If I ever win a gazillion dollars I'll be spending a majority at Sephora on Smashbox.
My all time fav primer comes from them:

















Photo Finish Foundation Primer SPF 15 With Dermaxyl Complex To Go


















Smashbox's cult favorite foundation primer has been infused with Dermaxyl, which has been proven in clinical trials to minimize the appearance of wrinkles, plus an SPF 15 sunscreen to protect the skin. This advanced formulation allows you to treat, protect, and instantly smooth the skin - priming it for the day.

As a soon to be 40 yr old...I need the wrinkle help. Plus, living in FL, SPF is a must.
I've been using this for over 4 years and I cannot say enough about it.
You only need a tiny amt and it glides over your skin like silk. Absorbs quick and my make up STAYS where I put it. And in this heat-that's a freaking miracle!
I have also noticed that it has minimized my pores. It's a WIN-WIN situation.
Sephora charges $17 for 0.5oz but you can get sometimes get it cheaper it on Amazon and Ebay.

A tried and true back up primer that I use if I run out of Smashbox *whimper* is 



A magical air-light gel-powder colorless formula that makes all skin tones look flawless... invisible coverage; instant perfection. Banish shine up to 10 hours. Apply evenly before sun exposure or as needed. 1 fl. oz.

Visibly minimizes pores with patent-pending Optix Light-Diffusing Technology.
Banishes Shine and  reduces the look of fine lines...skin feels softer than ever. 

It is as light a powder and goes on just as smooth. It has a slight shimmer to it so I tend to use it more at night. It doesn't quite cover as well as Smashbox and fells a tad greasy but it does the trick in a pinch.
$10 at Avon.


And here's my fellow make up ho, Pam, with her reviews for the bestest eye primers. She's too good to slap the crap all over her face like I do. She has 
a special item for each part. Which explains why she looks 50 times better then me. :)


The two best shadow primers a girl needs to have!















Too Faced Shadow Insurance
If you are looking for an eye makeup product that makes your powder or cream eyeshadows stay put, crease resistant and non-greasy... Too Faced Shadow Insurance will not let you or your eyeshadow down! I received a multi-use sample of this product and have not been able to stop gushing about it. It is like glue for your eyeshadow. I can safely say that it does everything it claims to do: it is crease resistant, it blend easily and is smooth, it works with both cream and powder eyeshadows, and a little bit of it goes a long way! I have tried MAC, Clinique, Estee Lauder, and many other major competitor brand of eyeshadow primer, and Too Faced Shadow Insurance is by far the best out there. At the end of the day, my eyeshadow color is still going strong and there is not a hint of crease or oil. I have already purchased a tube for $17 and just a dot goes a long way. It is worth every cent. 
More product information:

This product is also available at Sephora: 

Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion in SIN

If you are looking for a tinted eyeshadow primer to give you a little OOMPH, you need Urban Decay Shadow Eyeshadow Primer Potion in SIN! It is a shimmering champagne color that compliments just about any eyeshadow color out there.  It works well as a shadow primer and is excellent at preventing creases in your shadow color. It goes on creamy, then dries a light shimmering champagne color that you can either apply eyeshadow to, OR wear alone to give eyes just a hint of color if you want that "no makeup" look. This product will make your eyeshadow more vibrant and last so much longer by the end of the day, you will be so happy you spent the $18 on a bottle as a little goes a very long way!

More product information:

This product is also available at Sephora:


Both Urban Decay and Too Faced are "Cruelty Free" companies.

Go see Pam at Goodreads & Twitter

No comments: