Thursday, February 16, 2012

10 drugstore products that won’t break the bank

I LOVE drugstores. Seriously. CVS, Walgreens, ect…are like mysterious caverns of un earthed treasures and I can spend literally hours in there. See how exciting my life is?

Here are some products that made their way home with me and now are on my must have list for ever.

 

Almay Makeup Eraser Sticks, 24 Ea

If your anything like me, you have the dexterity of a 3 year old on a 3 day sugar high when applying any sort of eye makeup. Have no fear-Almay Oil-Free Makeup Eraser Sticks are here. Made all natural with aloe, cucumber and green tea, these little sticks only remove the mistakes. $6.00

 

Organix is orgasmic when it comes to the most delightful smelling hair and skin products. I discovered them when I needed a hair de-frizzer that wouldn’t make me look like I hadn’t bathed in 4 years. I have tried every product they have (easy to do at only $5.00 or less a pop) and found that they Coconut Milk line is not only made my hair look the best it has in years, but the fresh coconut smell is divine without being overwhelming.

 

I have found that working from home has made me perpetually late for everything. I am always running five minutes behind everyone else so Tresemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo is the perfect solution for peeps like me. A few sprays to the roots refreshes   your hair  and out the door you go. $3.00

 

157235_1328306301.jpg

If stockings aren’t your thing, then I recommend picking up Michael Kors Leg Shine Mini To Go. For only $10 at Sephora, this gives you a sleek, sexy shimmer that makes bare legs look healthy and glowing. With a light summer scent and packaged in a convenient "twist-up" canister, this easy-to-use, travel-sized product is also lightly tinted to even out imperfections.

 

Give your lips the love and care they deserve.

Bert’s Bees were all natural before all natural was cool. I love their original lip balm. Beeswax conditions skin, while antioxidant Vitamin E moisturizes. A final hint of Peppermint Oil provides that one-of-a-kind refreshing tingle. At $3.00 a pop, you can keep a tube in every purse and pocket.

 

 

Aquaphor Healing Ointment 14 oz Ointment by Eucerin

Aquaphor Healing Ointment by Eucerin is a must have in my beauty cabinet. It does EVERYTHING. Chapped lips? Solved. Dry irritable skin? Solved. Cracked hands or feet? Solved. Frizzes? Solved. Cuts or scrapes? Solved. Eczema? Solved. Minor burns? Solved. Heat rash? Solved. $6.00.

 

0811-beauty-01-c.jpg

Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets. I have combination skin and this is one of the few products I have found that absorbs only the oil and not my make up along with it. Only $5.00.

 

0811-beauty-03-a.jpg

I love mascara but most I have found are too thick and I end up with clumpy lashes and raccoon eyes. L’Oreal Voluminous Mascara goes on smooth and with just the right amount of color and consistency that all I need is one application. $5.00

 

0811-beauty-03-e.jpg

Name brands are great but when you can get the same thing at a lesser price…well that’s better then great. CVS Foaming Cleanser is a perfect example. It cuts through even the heaviest makeup but doesn't strip the skin of its natural oils. $6.00

 

0811-beauty-04-c.jpg

Summer is Florida are FIERCE so I need a much lighter foundation for my face. Maybelline Pure make up is perfect. A water-based foundation that gives a lovely sheer coverage and a beautiful glow. No oil means no breakouts. $5.00

4 comments:

Amanda Bonilla said...

Awesome list! I'm a drugstore addict too. I could easily drop a serious amount of cash if left unsupervised. ;)I definitely want to try the Organix products now. They sound great!

BookaholicCat said...

One of the things I miss the most about the States are the drugstores! *cries*
I also love the Organix Coconut Milk products! They smell incredible.
I didn't know about the makeup eraser sticks, I need those!

Helyce said...

Oh man T, you're a girl after my own heart! We go through tubs of that Aquaphor stuff (dh has eczema)but use it for everything as well. I can't tell you how many times I've checked out the Organix stuff at CVS and not tried it. Now on your recommendation I will, because hell, my hair needs some help!

Tori said...

Amanda Bonilla-Drugstores are my money pit. lol I can easily blow $100 and have nothing to show for it sometimes. I LOVE the Organix products. They smell so yummy and really work for me.

BookaholicCat- The makeup eraser sticks are like a gift from heaven. I used to use q tips dipped in baby oil but I can't carry those with me. These go in purse and voila...no more raccoon eyes.

Helyce-Aquaphor is the bomb. I use it for everything. Walgreen's makes there own version which is just as good I've found and a little cheaper sometimes.