Monday, March 26, 2012

I’m reviewing The Kingdom by Amanda Stevens at Smexybooks today

The Kingdom (Graveyard Queen #2)

The Kingdom (The Graveyard Queen #2) by Amanda Stevens
Ebook
Paranormal Horror
March 27, 2012
Mira


Favorite Quote: “He was the perfect companion. Noble, loyal, and I didn’t have to hide my secret from him. He already knew about the ghosts.”


My name is Amelia Gray. Often referred to as the Graveyard Queen, I restore old historical cemeteries. I also see ghosts. In order to protect myself from my “gift”, I've always held fast to the rules passed down from my father.


1. Never acknowledge the dead.
2. Never stray to far from hallowed ground.
3. Keep your distance from those that are haunted.
4. Never, ever tempt fate.


I broke every one of those rules when I met Detective John Devlin. A desperate man who’s deceased wife and child cling to him, slowly weakening his hold on this world. I knew I should have pushed him away but his allure outweighed my objections.  I now know that our attraction has led to dire consequences; opening a door that puts us both in danger. When I was approached to restore an old cemetery out of town, I accepted, hoping to put some distance between me and John.


Asher Hills is a living ghost town, sentenced to a slow death by the greed of it’s founding family. My arrival here was no coincidence. I was brought to Asher Hills for a reason. A reason that will tear my world apart as I uncover the secrets this dying kingdom holds.

 

Read the rest of my review at smexybooks.

No comments: