Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I’m reviewing The Prophet by Amanda Stevens at Smexybooks

 

The Prophet (Graveyard Queen #3) by Amanda Stevens
Paranormal Horror
Ebook
April 24, 2012
Mira


Favorite Quote: “Never bargain with the dead. We have nothing to lose. “


My name is Amelia Gray.

I am the Graveyard Queen, a cemetery restorer who sees ghosts. My father passed down four rules to keep me safe and I’ve broken every last one. A door has opened and evil wants me back. In order to protect myself, I’ve vowed to return to those rules. But the ghost of a murdered cop needs my help to find his killer. The clues lead me to the dark side of Charleston—where witchcraft, root doctors and black magic still flourish—and back to John Devlin, a haunted police detective I should only love from afar. Now I’m faced with a terrible choice: follow the rules or follow my heart. (Goodreads)


Amelia Gray has come back to Charleston on the heels of a text supposedly sent by the man she loves, Detective John Devlin,  telling her he needs her. She returns only to find him in the arms of another woman. Amelia feels betrayed but knows she has no rights to Devlin since she was the one who pushed him away and severed all ties with him. As Amelia settles back into her life, taking back up the restoring of Twin Oaks cemetery, she finds herself once again submerged in the mystery that surrounds Devlin and his deceased family. The past and present come together when Amelia is commanded by the ghost of a former police detective to solve his murder. A ghost whose death may answer every question Amelia has about Devlin, herself, and the taint that surrounds them all.


Amanda Steven’s The Prophet, is the third in her bone chilling Graveyard Queen series. Picking up right  behind The Restorer, Ms. Stevens’s once again submerges us into her world of gothic horror, infused with the slick heat and superstitions that make up the fabric of the South.  Poetic musings and dark descriptions hold you hostage in its insidious embrace as we are gently guided through the story. Ms. Stevens’s strong voice wraps around you in each chilling scene. Amelia’s world is a frightening one and it translates well across paper.

 

Read the rest of my review at Smexybooks.

No comments: