Thursday, May 24, 2012

I’m reviewing Summoning The Night by Jenn Bennett at Smexybooks

 

Summoning the Night (Arcadia Bell, #2)

Summoning The Night (Arcadia Bell #2) by Jenn Bennett
Urban Fantasy
Paperback
April 24, 2012
Pocket Books


Favorite Quote: “That sexy Jesus thing again? You’re a filthy girl, you know that?”

Arcadia Bell is back and finding trouble once again in Summoning The Moon. After almost being sacrificed by her parents in Kindling The Moon, Arcadia (Cady) is back to business as usual and getting her bar ready for Halloween. When the head of the Hellfire Club comes to her and Lon for help in stopping a serial killer from 30 years ago, they will have to use all the help they can get before the serial killer strikes again and forces Cady to reveal her biggest secret of all.


When I was offered Summoning The Moon for review, I went ahead and bought Kindling The Moon because I was told it was a MUST HAVE in order to understand the arc and characters. I thoroughly enjoyed Kindling The Moon. Arcadia Bell is the perfect urban fantasy heroine with her quick mind and even quicker mouth. While she will always protect her friends, she is quick to ask for help when she needs it and not afflicted with the common UF heroine trait -I must save the world by myself. She is comfortable in her own skin and that is a treat to see. Lon, her sexy, sexy boyfriend is a demon and seems to fit perfectly with Cady. Though we don’t see as much smexy time with her and him as we did in KTM, I do like the fact that they have absolute trust in each other. Communication flows between them like water and I love that Ms. Bennett doesn’t use emotional conflicts in order to add pages to the book. I do like that regardless of their lack of trust & communication problems, we do get to see Lon’s alpha instincts come out a few times. RAWR!

 

Read the rest of my review at Smexybooks.

No comments: