Saturday, May 12, 2012

Retro Saturday-Remember when MTV was cool

 

As a teenager of the 80’s I remember when MTV played music 24-7. It was actually cool. None of the reality crap they show now. I mean, who cares about following the lives of whiny pregnant teens? Real World is a joke and if Lauren Conrad fell off a cliff, I wouldn’t be all that sorry. It’s sad that a cultural icon of my generation would sell out and become yet another nameless bland channel that is best served airing it’s tasteless crap during the sleeping hours.

Since I’m having a, “OMG I’m sad MTV is crap” pity party, I thought I’d air some reasons showing why MTV was a classic back in the day.

 

Do you remember the VERY first video MTV aired? I do.

Video Killed The Radio Star by The Buggles

 

Our first look at Zombies.

Michael Jackson’s Thriller

 

It’s a cartoon. It’s a comic book.

NO! It’s A-Ha’s Take On Me

 

We can’t forget the cartoons.

Beavis and Butthead. Classic.

 

Or the commercials or fillers in between the videos.

 

I tried to tell my kid about MTV and she just looked at me blankly. *sigh*

 

I WANT MY MTV BACK!!!


Dire Straits-Money For Nothing

1 comment:

Jen Twimom said...

I'm so with you my friend! And then don't you feel so old for saying stuff like this? Our early teen-selves would roll our eyes at us now!