Thursday, October 4, 2012

I’m reviewing Ruined by Moonlight by Emma Wildes at Smexybooks

 

image

Ruined By Moonlight (Whispers Of Scandal #1) by Emma Wildes
Historical Romance
Released: September 4, 2012
Signet

Favorite Quote: “Do you think a woman, experienced or not, cannot tell if a man puts true emotion into a kiss? “

I’m a well established fan of Ms. Wildes’s historical romances. I enjoyed her previous trilogy, Notorious Bachelors, a great deal and was excited to see her starting a new series. Ms. Wildes has a unique approach to historical romances. Her heroes and heroines are never over burdened with misunderstandings or book filling situations. Sweetly portrayed characters exist in viable storylines. Not overly emotional or angst driven, her books fill a nice spot on my bookshelf.

I wish I could say this story blew me away me, but I cannot. An interesting premise and mildly intriguing mystery that never seems to quite gain a foothold and expand. A deliciously decorated package that when opened, lacks substance. The best I can say is that it is sweet. The characters are sweet. The plot and subplots are sweet. The rescue is sweet. Even the villain, who isn’t really a villain, is sweet. There is no sense of adventure within the plot, only mild intrigue and suspense. No standing on the precipice, quivering in anticipation wondering what will happen.

Read the rest of my review at Smexybooks.

No comments: