Wednesday, September 25, 2013

My Ipsy Bag For September

 

I recently signed up for Ipsy. A lot of my friends and fellow bloggers raved about various makeup/sample sites offered so I decided to try one for myself. Ipsy seemed the best deal-cost versus what you receive.

The site itself is easy to navigated. Simply sign up, fill out your profile, and of course, give your credit card number. You get six items plus a cute little makeup bag for $10 a month. Your credit card is charged the beginning of month and your items arrive around the 3rd week of the month.

The items are a mixture of samples and full size. I have found I normally receive a wide variety of items ranging from perfume to make up, to facial products.

IMG_0028

This month I received a gift bag filled with:

- 2 Single use packets of Skyn Iceland Hydo Cool Firming Eye Gels.
- Nyx Eyeshadow in purple (full size)
- Elizabeth Mott It’s So Big Volumizing Mascara (sample size)
- J Cats Beauty Fabulous Lipstick in Honey Crisp (full size)
- Starlooks Kohl Eye Pencil in Obsidian (full size)

 

My thoughts:

 

IMG_0031

The Skyn Iceland Hydo Cool Firming Eye Gels were very easy to apply and seemed to work. My eyes weren't puffy when I tried them. The cooling gel felt nice and and they didn’t pull when I removed them. I also liked the almost nonexistent smell.

IMG_0037IMG_0038

The Nyx Eye Shadow is a beautiful shade of purple. Silky smooth feeling and goes on easily. Rich color though you have to layer if you want a deep dark color on your lids. First application goes on light.

IMG_0035

Elizabeth Mott It’s So Big Volumizing Mascara. A sample size-0.14oz. Black though the tube doesn’t list an actual color name. Thick and creamy. The applicator holds a lot of product. When I used, it clumped a little and let black spots where it hit my brow when I blinked. Second application, I wiped some off the applicator and it went on much better.

IMG_0034IMG_0040

J Cats Beauty Fabulous Lipstick in Honey Crisp. A full size applicator. Pretty nude shade with a hint of shimmer. When I opened the lipstick had broke off towards the bottom. *sad face*  Looks thick and creamy. Feels creamy and application is easy. While I love nude shades, nude shades do not look good on me. I put it on and it literally made my lips look thinner and disappeared into my face. It also flaked and looked crusty after about 30 minutes of wearing.

IMG_0036

Starlooks Kohl Eye Pencil in Obsidian. A full size pencil. Smooth no fuss application. A luscious black. Smears and smudges well. Easy removal.

 

All in all I like my Ipsy bag and goodies. I think you get a well rounded selection for $10.00 and month. I do wish though that you could change your profile-color and makeup selections. If there is a way, I haven't found it yet.

No comments: