Wednesday, September 2, 2009

An ode to shoes

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways....

I love shoes. I adore shoes. They make me happy in ways I cannot describe.

It's a problem but I'm dealing with it.

Fall is my favorite time of year for shoes & boots. The smell of polished leather. The bright jewel tones of satin and silk.

Frankly, I get a little giddy around this time of year.

This year promises to be an explosion of color and style as the premier designs roll out their wears for us to fuss and fight over.

Heels are getting higher. Designers are adding more details in forms of chains, spikes, and jewels.

Jimmy Choo's Fall preview seems to be steeped in luscious black patent leather that screams "whip me beat me". But in a happy way. :P

Check it out here: Jimmy Choo 2009 Fall Shoe & Bag preview

John Galliano's 2009 preview is not for the faint hearted. Nor those who actually like to walk in their shoes.

Not sure what's going on with Galliano but I wonder if you don't have to sign a waiver promising not to sue when you bust your arse or for emotional damage from the onslaught of teasing you will get wearing these. Christian Siriano is designing a line for Payless. You remember Christian...from Project Runway? He has collaborated with Payless to design a shoe line. When first blogged about, there was mucho excitement about the line. The lines shows edgy chain and spike details. Add heighth and we're in heaven. Furthur updates have shown these are the RUNWAY shoes only. This is what Payless will be carrying. I feel a little let down. :( Boots are making a HUGE showing. The higher the better. Stella McCartney's over the knee faux Napa boots are to die for. Keeping in style with her animal rights beliefs; these are faux leather. Slick and sleek...the gold triangle on heel adds a hint of LUXE to boot. George Rech is following in the boots war with these luscious thigh highs. More Jimmy Choo because, well, we just can't get enough. Always been a wellie fan. And my 2 fav designers collaborated to produce this: The Jimmy Choo Hunter Croc Print Wellington Boot Hopefully, these will come in a 5.

No comments: