Wednesday, September 16, 2009

WTH Wednesday

I have decided that Wednesday will officially become "WTH" day. On this day I will blog about things that I just have to say, "WTH?" The Misshapes. First of all WTH is a misshape? Apparently, according to the Paper Magazine, “The Misshapes are fashion-and music-world staples in their own right. They are where the stylish want to be in relation to cool kids, music, and fashion.” WTH? I've never heard of them. I asked my inhouse resourse for all that is cool, hip, and happen' about them and her exact words were, "Eh." They are a group of 3 spoiled asinine pasty faced monochromatic kids who D.J. They picked up quite a following with their Saturday night parties that has transcended into them becoming fashion icons. WTH? In a recent interview with THE CUT, Leigh Lezark remarked that "Being homeless is never chic, not at all." Geordan Nicol, made it clear that folks going without shelter is the furthest thing from his mind. "I'm wearing Lucien Pellat-Finet," he said. "My sweater's probably worth more than your apartment." This being said, Nicols proceeded to then have sex in the elevator with his lasted squeeze. WTH? Homeless Chic. WTH? In a recent 28 page spread, W magazine's September issue featured a pictorial of, well, homeless-esque models in paper dresses using repurpose shopping bags from labels like Chanel and Dior. WTH? Of course, it was off set by designer handbags and luxe jewelry. There is a fine line between fashion and crap. Is this the new trend? What are they trying to say? While I'd love to place a altruestic spin on this...I really don't feel the "love" of the homeless here. WTH? The Richard sisters made news at BCBG Max Azria show wearing shades. WTH wears sunglasses indoors? Tres tacky. Im sure if I keep it up I could blog 3 or 4 hours on WTHs. But I'll just save some for next Wednesday.

No comments: