Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Madonna Designs for Kids

Madonna's newest venture in to fashion is dressing kidlets. 
In a joint venture with her kidlet-Lourdes,Madonna will release a private label line of juniors clothing for Macy’s in August, just in time for little material girls all over the country to buy clothes for back to school. You can’t see the actual line yet, but Macy’s released a few sketches from the collection, called Material Girl and channeled through the hip young eyes of Madonna’s daughter Lourdes 
Items from the line should retail between $12 and $40, and will be available in Macy’s stores and on its website August 3.


I'm sorry, but does Madonna really think the average 13 yr old wears that? 
As the mother of a young child I know for a fact I could not get her into any of the above designs unless money exchanged hands.
Why do we need to dress our children like mini adults?
I don't want my child to look "sexy & provocative.  I want her to look like a kid.
From Suri's high heels to the recent reality show, "Toddlers and Tiaras" , we seem to be pushing our children to grow up fast. 


Childhood is fleeting enough...


So Madonna, I'm sorry, but we will not be shopping your line for back to school.  I'm going to stick to Gap and Old Navy and rejoice for another year that my kidlet is still that...a kid.












**Don't forget to enter my giveaway. Going on till June 3rd.**

No comments: