Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My Review of Dark Road To Darjeeling by Deanna Raybourn is at Smexybooks

7870272

 

Favorite quote: “I thought how strange it was that I could breathe, that the birds still sang and my heart still beat, while he was not in this world. It seemed that something should have stopped...and marked the moment of his passing.”


Lady Julia Gray and detective Nicholas Brisbane are married and have spent an idyllic 8 month honeymoon abroad. But that is cut short when Julia’s eccentric sister and brother show up requesting their presences in India. Darjeeling to be exact. Portia’s former lover Lady Jane Cavendish has written to Portia expressing fear and dismay that her husband may have been murdered and she fears she and her unborn child are in next.  When the entourage arrives, Lady Julia finds secrets and deception flourish in the lush and exotic locale. As Lady Julia and Brisbane search deeper to find the snake in paradise they will have to be careful not to get bitten themselves.

This is my first foray into Deanna Raybourn’s Lady Julia series. I have not read her previous books but having heard wonderful things about it, I decided to give it a try when it was offered for review. I found it to be an enjoyable and humorous Victorian romantic suspense that revolves around two independent and VERY stubborn characters-the former widow Lady Julia Grey and her now husband Nicholas Brisbane, private inquiry agent.

 

Read the rest of my review at Smexybooks.

No comments: