Thursday, May 17, 2012

I’m reviewing Jill Mansell’s Nadia Knows Best at Smexybooks

Nadia Knows Best

Nadia Knows Best by Jill Mansell
Romantic Contemporary
Ebook
August 1, 2003
Headline Book Publishing

Favorite Quote: “We’re saved. We shan’t have to eat either, that’s a relief. “

First off, I’d like to lodge a small complaint. Nothing in the write up on Net Galley indicates this was a reissue. I only found out after I requested and received. I don’t mind reissues but please, let the readers know this. I’d also like to add that I really feel Ms. Mansell’s writing has matured greatly since this was first published. Okay, I’m done.

Nadia Kindale is a twenty something landscaper who is relatively happy with her life. She is dating her childhood sweetheart and surrounded by her loving, abet, crazy family. When she is stranded in a snowstorm and is saved by the handsome Jay Tiernan, she‘s attracted to him but truly love her boyfriend and regretfully chooses not to pursue the attraction. When her boyfriend, Laurie, dumps her over dinner to pursue his career, Nadia bounces back rather quickly when Jay reappears and offers her a job. As Jay and Nadia get closer, Laurie reappears, sorry over his treatment of her, and asking for a second chance. As Nadia tries to decide between an old love or a new love, she is also dealing with the return of her absent mother, her crazy, selfish sister, and a mystery surrounding her grandmother that could put her in jail. Soon, Nadia realizes that she doesn’t know best.

 

Read the rest of my review at Smexybooks.

No comments: