Sunday, August 1, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

This has been an wild week with new releases, fashion faux pas, and cell phone intrigue.

City of Ghosts by Stacia Kane  was released Tuesday and I D.E.V.O.U.R.E.D. it. In about 2 hrs. Srsly.I ignored my family to finish this book. If you haven't read this series-run, don't walk to your local bookstore and purchase it. Of course, Eternal Kiss Of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost was also released Tuesday and it is a solid 2nd behind City Of Ghosts.There is ceiling sex in this book folks. Frost is the author of the highly popular Night Huntress series featuring Bones and Cat. 



I'm sure you all read about how I finally broke down and bought a smartphone-my first crackberry. What should have been a simple transaction turned into a 2 week fiasco that literally took me to the edge of madness. Apparently, even though Sprint and Nextel are the same company they are 2 separate entities. Meaning that a Sprint phone may or may not work where you live and same rule applies for a Nextel. This is something I learned the hard way. I also learned that Sprint Customer Service doesn't tell you this unless hot pilers are applied to sensitive places. I won't bore you with a long whiny story. Sufficed to say after 10 days, 8 phone calls, 4 chats, and 2 1.5 hr trips to a corporate Sprint store I finally received a Blackberry that I can tweet from 
                                     the bathroom.



Amazon Kindle has come out with the Kindle DX. I do not own a Kindle and have never ever had the urge to own one. But after seeing this I may have to change my mind.


9.7" diagonal E-ink screen,no glare in sunlight screen,slim and lightweight, free 3G wireless w/ no contract or fees, web browsing, holds up to 3500 books, twitter and facebook access, built in PDF reader,longer battery life,read to me text, and auto rotating screen.



Bloggers can make a change. After some bloggers were offended by MAC nail polish named Juarez offensive, the company decided to donate the proceeds from the sale of this polish to the people of Juarez. One blogger, the Frisky, stated it was tasteless-
   "Why’s it tasteless? Juarez is an impoverished Mexican factory town notorious for the number of women    between the ages of 12 and 22 who have been raped and murdered with little or no response from police."
A press release outlined specifics about the promised charity efforts: All profits from the collection worldwide will go to a "newly created initiative to raise awareness and provide on-the-ground support to the women and girls in Juarez." MAC and Rodarte apologize again in the release for unintentionally causing so much upset. 









Who got 4 magazine covers in one month?           
Not who...but what. Variations of the same Miu Miu dress was on the August covers of W, British Vogue, British Elle and Swedish Elle. A fashion hat trick with a spare. 






















No comments: