Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Screw the game-what’s that song????


Gears Of War 3 is being touted as the premier game to have this year. But it’s not the game, graphics, or popularity that made me take notice-it was the haunting song that plays in the background of the commercials.
The name of the song is Heron Blue by Sun Kil Moon. A haunting lyrical that speaks of death and love lost in a way that reminds me of old Irish ballads.
Sun Kil Moon is a music project of singer-songwriter Mark Kozelek, best known for his previous band Red House Painters. The band's debut album, Ghosts of the Great Highway, was released in November 2003 by Jetset Records. They have released 3 albums since though the fourth album, Admiral Fell Promises, features only Mark Kozelek singing vocals and playing guitar.
  
Here is a full version of Heron Blue.


I will admit I prefer the female singing this in the tv commercial but I’m still buying the cd.

EDIT-It has come to my attention that there are actually 3 songs done for the Gears Of War 3 game promotion. Heron Blue by Sun Kil Moon, Into Dust by Mazzy Star, and War Of Pigs by Metallica.
It's the Mazzy Star song that blew me away though I am still getting Heron Blue.


No comments: