Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I’m reviewing Let’s Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir by Jenny Lawson at Smexybooks

Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir

 

Let’s Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir by Jenny Lawson
Memoir /Humor
E book
April 12, 2012
Putnam

Favorite Quote: “THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!“


Everyone who is anyone, well,  anyone who appreciates insane, questionable, depraved humor, knows who Jenny Lawson is. She is the voice behind The Bloggess. A blog that crosses all lines, pokes all chickens, and usually leaves me laughing so hard I have found it’s in my best interest to get dressed on AFTER I have read her latest post. Otherwise, I’ll just have to change my clothes and re make my face. And as a 41 year old, re making my face to look like I didn’t make up my face takes a lot of time. Time better spent on Pinterest or Twitter.


Let’s Pretend This Never Happened is the mostly true memoir of Jenny Lawson’s life and it kept me laughing, crying, and choking to the end as we read of her less then stellar upbringing in rural Texas with what has to be some of the most questionable parents I have ever encountered. We watch her meet her long suffering husband Victor, who I just know deserves everything Jenny dishes out and more, and her dealings with infertility, depression, and a very strange addiction to costumed taxidermy.

 

 

Read the rest of my review at Smexybooks.

No comments: